Opportunity to Join our Board
After completing three years supporting the NWA Hispanic Leadership Council, Lucero Martinez, Ana Aguayo, and Greg Fess are retiring from the Board of Directors. The NWA HLC appreciates all the contributions these three outstanding leaders have made over the past years and look forward to their involvement in other projects with the NWA HLC and the NWA community.
With their departure the group is looking for leaders interested to continue growing the NWA HLC and serving the organization by joining the Board of Directors.
Overall, board members have a duty of loyalty to the organization, its staff and other board members. Board members perform their responsibilities through regular meetings and a committee structure that is appropriate for the size of the board and organization. The board is ultimately responsible for the performance of the organization in all areas of its work and should ensure that the organization is in compliance with state and federal law. The NWA HLC Board of Directors is comprised of eight professional members from different disciplines and two student members from the Northwest Arkansas Community College and the University of Arkansas.
Individual members of the board are required to:
1. Attend all board and committee meetings and functions, such as special events
2. Stay informed about the organization's mission, services, policies and programs
3. Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
4. Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments
5. Make a personal financial contribution to the organization
6. Inform others about the organization
7. Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization
8. Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field
9. Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
10. Refrain from making special requests of the staff
11. Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization's annual financial statements
To be considered for a role, complete the Application to Board of Directors
For more information, email email@example.com
Post a Comment
Thank you for your message. Come back soon!